For some reason I was under the impression that 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders were hard to use. I’m not sure why! Maybe because I’d heard that you needed to spritz your card stock with water first. Um, that extra step hardly seems hard but the thought that something could go wrong kept my Hexagons 3D embossing folder stored firmly away.
Until I got the new Basket Weave 3D folder! I really wanted to use it so I pulled out my Stampin’ Up! catalog to see what Big Shot Sandwich I needed to use, added my card stock and ran it through my Big Shot. Easy peasy! No need for a spritz of water as I ended up with a beautiful piece of embossed card stock.
If you’ve been hesitant to try the 3D embossing folders, hesitate no more. They are SUPER EASY to use!!
Tips for Using 3D Dynamic Embossing Folders
- Big Shot Sandwich: Big Shot Platform – 3D Embossing Folder with Single Sheet of Card Stock enclosed – Clear Cutting Pad
- OR if you have the Hinged Big Shot Platform just open it up to Tab 1 then add your 3D embossing folder and then a clear cutting pad on top.
- Run your folder through the Big Shot with the fold of the folder first.
- If the paper you are using cracks when you emboss it, then you’ll want to lightly spritz it with water BEFORE you emboss it.
- Be creative! You can use either side of the embossed card stock. Each side will have a little different pattern.
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.