This adorable little pop-up card was one of the projects that we did at Kristen Bryant’s demonstrator meeting on Sunday. It’s a little one with a finished size of 3″x3″.
And here’s the surprise inside:
How to make the Spiral Pop-up:
- Cut out a circle with a circle punch or die. If you want to make a bigger card, you might want to go with a larger circle.
- Cut the circle into a spiral with Paper Snips.
- Glue the center of the spiral to the middle of the bottom inside of the card by putting a dab of adhesive on the end of the spiral. (I used glue dots, but Kristen used Tombow Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, so use whatever you prefer.)
- Add glue to the other end of the spiral and close your card to glue the top of the spiral to the inside top of the card – that way you know it will close properly.
- Add stars or other little punch-outs to the spiral.
Tips for making the stars: For the large stars, punch out a SMALL star FIRST, leaving enough room to punch a large star around it. Turn the large star punch upside down to center around the small star cut-out.
Add a fun spiral pop-up to the inside of your next handmade card.
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.