Although I know babies arrive all year round, spring just seems like baby time to me. Maybe it’s because I had both my babies in March or because of all those cute little baby farm animals we drive by this time of year.
If you don’t need a baby card, I hope you’ll look at the overall layout of this card and use it to make the kind of card that you do need. It’s easy to change the colors, pattern or main image of this card to make it into a card for ANY occasion. Go ahead and try it!
Smoky Slate card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Basic Gray: 3-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
Chevron paper: (3) 1″ x 3″
Tips for Making this Card:
- The Onesie: I wanted a white onesie so instead of stamping it I used a onesie die to cut one out of Whisper White paper and then lightly used a blender pen and Pool Party ink to draw the seam lines on it. I could have used a marker but I didn’t want the lines to be very dark. The tie is stamped in Pool Party ink and I did use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it lined up perfectly on the onesie.
- The Background: You may notice that my background pattern does not line up. That’s okay! If you want the pattern to line up across the pieces you’ll want to start by cutting a 3″ x 3″ piece of patterned paper and then cut it into (3) 1″ strips and keep them in the correct order as you glue them on.
- Perfect Spacing: To get the correct spacing between the chevron paper strips I first glued down the two outer pieces making sure to keep an even border around the 3 outside edges. Then I glued down the center piece, centering it between the two outside pieces.
- The Congrats: Stamped in Basic Gray I then took my blender pen and Pool Party ink to gently color in the banner. It’s cut out with a matching banner framelit.
- Always add dimension. To make my cards pop a little I almost always use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere at least one element to the front of my card. In this case that’s the onesie. A little dimension really makes it stand out from the background.
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Basic Gray 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Smoky Slate 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack *Retiring*
Tools & Adhesive
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.