Just sending a little birdie to say thank you…
Whisper White card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Mossy Meadow: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Leaves paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
There are 3 things I love about this card.
- The pretty pre-printed background paper adds so much interest and helps this card go together so fast!! It’s from the Magnolia Lane paper pack.
- That fun stitched label shape is easy to cut out using the Nested Label Dies and once again adds a lot of interest with just a little work. With one run through your die-cutting machine, it will cut out the shape and add the stitching at the same time.
- I used Stampin’ Blend Markers to color in the bird, they were easy to use and they make me look like an artist!
Are you catching a theme?
The right supplies can make card making so much easier and make your cards look so much better!
I love how you can blend different colors with the Stampin’ Blends markers. Like how the Calypso Coral blends into the Crumb Cake on this bird. So pretty!
A few tips for coloring the bird with Stampin’ Blends:
- Stamp your bird in Memento Black ink and wait a minute before coloring to let the ink set so it won’t smear.
- Start with the light Crumb Cake marker, then add highlights with the dark Crumb Cake marker and color the bird’s tummy with the light Calypso Coral marker. Then blend them all together a bit with the light Crumb Cake marker.
- TIP: Don’t overthink it! Stamp a few birds at a time and just play with coloring them. They will all turn out different and unique, just like they should!!
- Stop before you think you should. The colors will blend even more as they dry so let your bird set as you make the rest of your card.
What do you think? Ready to give bird coloring a try?
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.