Have I mentioned that I love the color Calypso Coral? It’s definitely my favorite card making color right now. I’ve used it to make everything from Easter cards to Birthday cards to Mother’s Day cards and Baby cards. It goes brilliantly with my other favorite color – Coastal Cabana.
Calypso Coral card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
Patterned Paper: 1″x4″
Whisper White Tag: 2″ x 3-1/2″
Tips for Making This Card (or one like it!):
- Place the entire card front into your embossing folder and keep the card open when you run it through your Big Shot to emboss it. Before the large embossed dots this card was a bit boring.
- When you are using any of the Tag Topper punches, your card stock can be as long as you’d like but it needs to be 2″ wide.
- Use a square punch to create your banner ends. I use a 1″ square punch the most. It’s easier than using scissors to cut even banner ends.
- Stampin’ Dimensionals are the most inexpensive way to add pop to your card. I almost always pop up my main words or image with some dimensionals. They add just the right amount of dimension to a card.
- Tie your ribbon in a knot and use a glue dot to stick it in place at the top of the tag. Use a good pair of scissors to trim the ends so they don’t fray. I keep a pair of scissors just for cutting ribbon – and the kids aren’t allowed to touch that pair!!
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.