Sometimes it’s fun to mix things up and try something new. Like a different fold for your handmade cards!
Instead of opening up from the bottom or the side, this fun gate fold card opens from the middle…
Garden Green card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 2-3/4″ from each end
Sunflower paper: (2) 2-1/2″ x 4″
Oval Size: 1-7/8″ x 2-3/4″
Tips for making this card:
- Make sure your patterns line up. The easiest way to do this is to cut a strip of 4″ wide patterned paper then cut off two 2-1/2″ pieces and make sure you tape them onto your card so that the pattern lines up.
- You can make 6 of these cards from ONE sheet of pretty 12×12 paper plus you’ll have 3 extra pieces to use for other cards.
- Don’t tape your card shut! It’s easy to do. When you add the main image/greeting oval (or circle or square or rectangle…) be sure to only put adhesive on ONE side. I put two Stampin’ Dimensionals toward the far left side of the oval and then I put one along the middle edge of the left panel.
- If you’re going to make a bunch of these gate fold card bases, use the Simply Scored. You can put tabs on the measurements you need to score at so you don’t have to remember the measurements for every card. (The measurements are 2-3/4″ and 8-1/4″)
Here’s a peek at how it opens:
Very Vanilla insert: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Now it’s your turn! Go make a gate fold card using any supplies you have. Before you send it to a friend, share a picture of it on my Facebook page so we can all ooh and aaah over it.
- Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Early Espresso 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Garden Green 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
Tools & Adhesive
Like this idea? Sign up for more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.