There’s nothing like a creative card fold to impress your friends and family… especially the ones that make cards themselves.
Today I’ve got the how-to for you on making an interlocking gatefold card or a buckle gatefold card or an interlocking buckle gatefold card or whatever YOU want to call it! 🙂
I show you from start to finish how to make one of these fun fold cards in this video:
Card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 2-3/4″ from each end
Patterned Paper: TWO pieces 2-1/2″ x 4″
Instructions & Tips:
- Cut your 8-1/2″ x 11″ card stock in half the long way at 4-1/4″ to get TWO card bases that are 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Score at 2-3/4″ from each end
- Fold on the score lines and use a bone folder to give your folds a good crease. Make sure that your card stock meets in the middle of the card!
- If you want the pattern on your front panels to line up, start by cutting a piece that’s 4″ x 5″ and then cut it in half at 2-1/2″
- Using a darker card stock color for your card base? Here are quick tips on how to cut paper for the inside of your cards.
- To make your interlocking buckle, use Layering Square dies OR try circles or any other shapes you have. A larger outside square makes the frame wider and sturdier.
- If you can’t cut out both shapes at the same time to make the frame, cut the INSIDE shape FIRST and then you can center the larger shape around it to cut out the frame.
- Be careful where you put your adhesive so you don’t glue your card shut!!
What do you think? Are you going to give this fun fold card a try? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t waste a single bit of your pretty patterned papers! Use the November 2017 template from the One Sheet Wonder Card Club to make 3 of these fun interlocking gatefold cards and I’ll show you how to use the rest of your piece of 12×12 patterned paper to make even MORE fun cards!
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.