When you want to make some cards but you’re not sure where to start, here are two tricks that I use to get my creative juices flowing…
- CASE. That means Copy and Share Everything. My go to places for card ideas to CASE are Stampin’ Up! catalogs and Pinterest. When you find a card you like, you can copy it exactly, change the colors, use the layout with other stamps you have or just use a few elements you like.
- Make the same card using different colors. If you’re like me you have a lot of different color ink pads. When you find a card layout you like, why not experiment with all those colors!
I used both of these tricks on these Painted Harvest cards.
First I found a card I liked in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog…
Then I made it with just a few changes. I changed the colors up just a bit, swapped the Crumb Cake rectangle greeting out for a Whisper White label and used linen thread in place of the yellow twine…
Colors: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
I loved it so much that then I tried it in shades of my favorite color blue!
Colors: Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Tranquil Tide, Wild Wasabi
Finally I changed the colors again and went for a softer look. Plus I used white ribbon in place of the twine.
Colors: Powder Pink, Smoky Slate
It’s hard to pick a favorite! But I think I have to go with the blue.
So which stamp set do you have that you could try this with? Find a card to CASE then try it in different colors!
- Crushed Curry Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Soft Sky Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Wild Wasabi Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Powder Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad 
Tools & Adhesive
Ribbon & Trim