HOW do you come up with ideas when you’re making cards?
This is a question that I often get asked by new and long-time stampers alike.
This fun zebra card was inspired by a card sketch I saw on Pinterest…
Magenta Madness card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Magenta Madness Polka Dot Paper: 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
Basic Black: 1/2″ x 5-1/2″
Tips for Using Pinterest for Ideas:
- Set a timer. I’m not even kidding. Pinterest will suck you in for DAYS if you don’t limit yourself. Set a timer for 10 minutes and give yourself that long to find a few new ideas or pick an idea to try from the ideas you’ve already saved to your boards.
- When your timer goes off, it’s time to start crafting!
- Don’t get discouraged if you try something and it doesn’t work right away. Especially when you’re trying a new technique. Just have fun in the trying.
- Pinterest is a search engine. Have a stamp set you want to use? Ask Pinterest for ideas on how to use it! Type in “Stampin Up Zany Zebras” and all kinds of fun ideas will pop up!
- Final tip… Have you ever clicked on an image on Pinterest hoping it would take you to the instructions for the card but it doesn’t? Here’s why and how you can avoid that when you’re pinning: https://www.inkitupwithjessica.com/pinterest-tips/
The hardest part of this card was lining up the “Happy Birthday” stamps because I used a red rubber stamp. It would have been so much easier if I had used a clear stamp so I could see exactly where I was stamping!!
Confession: I still use my Stamp-a-ma-jig all the time! In my opinion, it’s the best tool for easily lining up red rubber stamps.
A bright, fun zebra card like this is sure to make anyone smile!
Go make a card with this layout and send it to a friend.
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.