When I saw this fun roller skate stamp in the new Curved Occasions stamp set from Stampin’ Up! I knew I had to have it and my first thought was “Will it fit inside the “celebrate” circle from the Circle Sayings stamp set that I helped design?
I was thrilled when the answer was yes!!
Basic White Thick Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Melon Mambo: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Circle Size: 2-3/8″
In this video, I’m going to show you how to make this groovy roller skate card from start to finish!
Roller Skate Birthday Card Making Tips:
- Start with the stamping so that you can let the ink set a bit before you color. You’ll be less likely to smear your stamped image this way. It was easiest for me to stamp the “celebrate” circle (in Tahitian Tide) and then the roller skate stamp inside (in Melon Mambo). Then set it aside while you work on the rest of the card so that the ink has time to set before you color.
- Use Basic White THICK card stock for the card base because it’s a bit sturdier. To quickly get 2 card bases out of one sheet, score it at 4-1/4” and then cut it at 5-1/2”. Give it a crisp fold with the bone folder and there’s your card base.
- Embossing Folders add great texture! Emboss the bottom half of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Melon Mambo card stock with the circles embossing folder – this is a great way to use your mini embossing folders. Emboss a 1″ wide strip of Tahitian Tide card stock with the stripes from this Geometric Patterns folder.
- Punch! Now let’s punch out some Curved Labels from the embossed Tahitian Tide card stock and Parakeet Party. **You can get the stamp set & coordinating punch in a bundle to save 10%! See the supply list below.
- Color with Tahitian Tide & Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends then Wink of Stella and Wink of Stella + Melon Mambo ink pad. Watch the video above for coloring tips!
- Punch your celebrate roller skate image out with the 2-3/8” circle punch that coordinates with the Circle Sayings stamp set (these also come in a bundle to save 10%)
- Assemble! Use Paper Snips to cut off the edges of curved labels (watch the above video for tips) and put all your pieces together to make one groovy roller skate card.
Don’t forget to stamp a matching envelope and send your card to a friend. You’ll make their day!
Want more tips for coloring in your stamped images?
Check out this post next: 4 Ways to add color to a stamped image
Don’t forget to pin this tutorial for later!⤵
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.