Have you ever used Shimmer Paint? Today I’ve got some tips and tricks for you as well as a video showing you How to add Shimmer Paint to Embossed Paper and Make Shimmer Mist.
As a starting point for these cards I took my inspiration from the most asked about card in the 2018 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog…
It’s an absolutely gorgeous card with LOTS of details, but I created my own simplified versions with supplies I had on hand…
Big Shot Card on the left and a “No Big Shot Needed” Card on the right.
These cards look so much better in person! Photographs just don’t pick up the gorgeous shimmer & shine the the shimmer paint adds.
So here is the video showing you How to add Shimmer Paint to Embossed Paper and Make Shimmer Mist…
A few things you’ll want to note:
- DYNAMIC embossing folders are THICKER so you only need to use one clear cutting mat. Big Shot Sandwich: Big Shot Platform – Dynamic folder with paper inside – Clear Cutting Pad
- Paper Sizes: Crumb Cake card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, Merry Merlot 4″ x 5-1/4″, Crumb Cake strip 1/4″ wide
- When you emboss with the Corrugated folder – SPRAY YOUR PAPER WITH WATER FIRST!!
- Use your bone folder to rough up corners and edges & to peel your card stock layers apart for extra texture
Shimmer Paint Tips
- Shake your shimmer paint! (Please make sure the cap is on tightly)
- Use a Sponge Dauber to pick up shimmer paint from the lid
- Use an embossing folder or clear block to lighten paint on dauber (clean off with tissue)
- LIGHTLY paint on to add just a little shimmer
- HEAVILY paint on to create a solid color and shimmer
How to Make Shimmer Mist
Fill a Stampin’ Spritzer 3/4 full with rubbing alcohol (higher concentration dries faster, I used 70%). Add 4-5 drops of shimmer paint. Shake before each use.
Shop for Supplies – Copper Shimmer paint is 50% OFF & only available while supplies last!!
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.