Social media has changed the way we communicate with our friends.
Although we may not have seen our friends for quite awhile we know what they are up to because they’ve posted all about it. We’ve seen their vacation photos, we’ve heard all about how their child’s sport season went and we know they’ve just switched jobs or retired.
It allows us to keep up-to-date with MORE friends spread across the world and connects us with people with similar interests that we never would have met due to location. It’s a good thing!
But it’s also taken away a bit of the personal connection. We’re meeting in person and connecting individually to people less.
While a quick post on social media or a text is a great way to let someone know you are thinking of them, a handwritten card in the mail is even better.
Pineapple Punch card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Floral paper: (2) 2″ x 2-1/2″
Circle Size: 2-3/8″
This is a super easy card to make, a great way to use up some of your pretty paper pieces and the perfect way to let a friend know how much they mean to you.
Quick Tips for Making this Card:
- Attach the little butterfly with a glue dot in the center so that it’s wings are free and it gives just a little illusion that it’s flying.
- Add Wink of Stella to the butterfly to give it a little shimmer and shine.
- If you’re using a different pretty paper, pick two colors from it – one to use for your card base and one (a bit darker) to stamp your greeting in.
- Pop your greeting up with dimensionals. It just adds that little extra something!
- This card was part of a One Sheet Wonder. That means you cut up ONE sheet of pretty paper and make it into a STACK of cards with no waste. I used the April 2019 template from the One Sheet Wonder Club. The club is currently closed to new members but you can get on the wait list here to be notified when it’s open to new members in May. We’d love to have you join us!
Don’t just make a card, SEND a card!
Add a personal note to let someone know how much they mean to you. It will make a HUGE difference in their life.
Supplies Used: (Some are retiring and are only available while supplies last. Click a photo to order!)
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.