Some days the creativity just flows and yesterday was one of those days.
I’ve been needing too many sympathy cards lately but since I’m thankful I can send a little handmade love, I keep on making them.
Perfect Plum card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Pear Pizzazz: 2-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
Whisper White: 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″
Elegant Eggplant: 2-3/8″ x 3-7/8″
A few details about this card and all the cards shown below:
- Flowers were stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink and colored in using a blender pen and the ink in the lid of an ink pad. (Watch this blender pen video if you’re not sure how to do that.)
- I added a little Clear Wink of Stella in the center of each flower to give it a little shimmer
- All the main images are popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals because it’s amazing what a little lift can add to a card.
- Perfect Plum and Eggplant Envy are two of the colors that Stampin’ Up! is retiring. (see the rest of the retiring colors here) If you love them, order your ink and card stock QUICK before it’s gone at www.shopinkitupwithjessica.com.
- You could make these same cards (or something similar) with different colors and I bet they would be beautiful!! I can see the flowers in pinks or blues too.
One of the hardest parts of card making for many people (including me) is picking out a nice color combination. So once I have one I like, I run with it! After I finished this card I loved it so much that I made a whole set of Southern Serenade cards with the same color combo.
You may be surprised to find out that these are One Sheet Wonder cards!
Usually One Sheet Wonders start with one sheet of pretty patterned paper that you cut up but this time I used a template to cut up a solid piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock. Then I embossed each piece with the Garden Trellis embossing folder and then added a main flower image.
If you’d like to make cards like these, you’ll find the step-by-step directions in my One Sheet Wonder Card Club.
In the club I show you how to take ONE piece of pretty paper, cut it up and make it into a stack of cards with no waste.
It’s quick and easy and you can use the templates and directions with ANY papers and stamp sets you have.
Join the Club at www.onesheetwonderclub.com to get started!
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.