Since my mom passed away 6 years ago I don’t usually make many Mother’s Day cards but this year I’ve decided to send a card to a few of my other favorite moms. And it’s never too early to make a card for a specific occasion!! They tend to creep up and are here before I know it.
Whisper White Thick card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Pear Pizzazz: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Gingham paper: 2″ x 5″
Whisper White rectangle: 2-1/4″ x 3-9/16″
Highland Heather rectangle: 2-5/8″ x 3-15/16″
Whisper White greeting: 1/2″ x 2″
While I made this into a Mother’s Day card, it could easily be used for ANY occasion by changing the words or leaving them off altogether.
I hope this card looks as lovely on your screen as it does in person!
Card Making Tips:
- There are so many different coloring tools so pick YOUR favorite! I colored my flowers in with the Highland Heather and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Markers. Here are some Tips for using Stampin’ Blends.
- Have I mentioned I love the new Rectangle Stitched dies? They make it so easy to cut out your main image and a card stock layer to go behind it with NO MEASURING!! Plus they add that extra detail of stitching with no extra work.
- Add Wink of Stella to your flowers to give them a little shimmer BUT let your color dry first so you know if you want to add more color before you add the shimmer.
- A little Subtle Embossing goes a long way to add texture to the background of your card.
- Banner cut the ends of your greeting strip. Here are some Tips for Cutting Even Banner Ends
Like the layout of this card? Inspired by the Highland Heather and Pear Pizzazz color combination? Good, go make a card!
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.