It’s amazing what you can do with a simple stamping sponge and a few ink pads!
Whisper White: 4″ x 5-1/4″
Mango Melody card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ folded in half or scored at 4-1/4″
How to Use a Sponge to Make a Circle on a Card
- Cut your round Stampin’ Sponge into 6-8 wedges so that you can use each wedge with a different color.
- Make a stencil using a piece of card stock and a circle die or punch. You want to use the “negative” of the circle you cut out to sponge over and create your circle.
- Practice, practice, practice. I can not stress this one enough. Don’t like how your sponging looks? Keep practicing! Try adding more ink, try a swirling motion, a dabbing motion, swiping back and forth. Eventually, you’ll find the method and sponging technique that YOU like the best.
- Experiment with blending different colors. Make note of the color combinations you like the best. For this particular card I used Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Calypso Coral.
- When using multiple colors of ink, start with the LIGHTEST color first. Sponge a little more of the area you want to be that color and overlap the edges of the next color.
Of course, you can use the same technique to sponge other shapes as well. Grab some ink and sponge wedges and give it a try!
Supplies Used: (click an image for more info or to order from my online store)
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.