This Tangelo Twist Birthday Card came about while I was playing with the new 2014-2016 In Colors from Stampin’ Up! I wasn’t sure if I would like them because as a collection (there are 5 colors) they are very dark. But I found that individually the Tangelo Twist is pretty bright and makes a great guy card when paired with Basic Gray.
Tangelo Twist: 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″
Basic Gray: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
Tips for Making this Card:
- Emboss your card stock first and then punch the circle – you’ll have an embossed circle to use on another project!
- You’ll just need scraps of Whisper White card stock for this card. Stamp 3 balloons close together but at varying heights to fit behind your circle. Stamp an extra balloon and cut it out to mount to the front of your card, coming out of the circle.
- Use a blender pen to lightly color in the balloons with Tangelo Tango ink. You can pull the color from the edges of the stamped balloon, or for a darker color pick up some ink from the lid of the ink pad with the tip of the blender pen. (If there’s no ink in your lid, just close your ink pad and give it a little squeeze.)
- Sketched Birthday Clear-mount Stamp Set
- Tangelo Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Blender Pens
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Tangelo Twist 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Basic Gray 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
- Magnetic Platform
- Bitty Banners Framelits Die
- Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- 1-3/4 Inch Circle Punch
- Paper Snips
- Snail Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.