Embossing folders are an easy way for you to take your handmade cards from nice to WOW!
They add texture and design to your card stock and are available in a wide variety of designs.
In this tutorial, I’m going to give you tips for using different types of embossing folders with your Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine so you’ll know how to make your sandwich for each type of folder and get great results every time.
What you’ll need:
- Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (comes with all the plates you need for your embossing folder sandwiches)
- Mini Embossing Folders (less than 3-1/2″ wide)
Here are embossing folders that WILL fit in the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine:
Of course, you can use mini embossing folders with other die-cutting/embossing machines as well but today I’m just going to show you how to use them with a Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
Watch this video for tips on how to build your sandwiches for the different types of embossing folders:
When using mini embossing folders in the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine you’ll want to cut your paper to be 3-1/4″ wide or less.
Mini Embossing Folder Sandwiches:
- Standard Folder: Plate 1 – Embossing Folder – Plate 3
- 3-D Folder: Plate 1 – Embossing Folder – Plate 4
The folders don’t say on them which type of folder they are, so you may want to mark the Standard folders with a “3” and the 3-D folders with a “4” when you purchase them to help you remember which plate to use with them.
The 3D folders are about double the thickness of a regular folder so when in doubt always try the 3-D folder sandwich first.
Have trouble getting your sandwich into your machine?
- Double-check your sandwich. Are you using the correct plates?
- Try staggering the plates and folder just a little bit.
- For the 3D folders especially, put the hinged edge of the folder in first. It’s a little more beveled at the end which may make it easier for the machine to grab.
- Push your sandwich in until your handle starts to move then grab the handle and start cranking.
- Tilt your machine towards the sandwich the littlest bit.
As with anything, the more you use embossing folders the easier it will get.
Want to learn more ways to use your embossing folders?
P.S. You can learn all about the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine here: https://www.inkitupwithjessica.com/mini-stampin-cut-emboss-machine/
Pin these tips for later! ⤵
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.