As I’m cleaning out my craft room I’m realizing just how many paper scraps I’ve been saving. 6 TONS!!! Okay maybe not that many but it kinda feels like it. I do use them frequently but I create them much faster. Can you relate?
Here’s one card that I dug into my paper scraps to make:
Watermelon Wonder card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Popsicle Paper: 3″ x 5″
Whisper White: 1/2″ x 3-1/2″
Peekaboo Peach: 1/2″ x 4″
Tips for using Paper Scraps:
- Long skinny white or vanilla strips are perfect for stamping words on. I tend to have a ton of 1/2″ wide strips and I use them all the time. I almost always banner cut one end. (Here are some tips for cutting even banner ends.)
- Long skinny solid color card stock strips are perfect for accenting. I layer these behind greeting strips like on this card or even behind circles or other shapes. Again I usually banner cut at least one end, sometimes both.
- White paper scraps are best used for stamping & cutting out. Stamp an image like the popsicles on this card anywhere on a paper scrap and then cut it out. You’ll be amazed what will fit on what you think is a tiny worthless piece of paper. I also use white scraps for stamping my greeting and cutting out with punches or framelits.
- Solid color paper scraps are great for punching or die cutting accent shapes or shapes that will go behind your main greeting. Think stars, hearts, scalloped circles, etc. Any shape you have!
- Patterned paper scraps can be used in so many ways. I rarely have them anymore because I tend to always use a one sheet wonder template that helps me use the entire piece of patterned paper but if I do have scraps they are great accents on a card. You can punch them into shapes too like I did on this card.
- Even skinny strips of patterned paper can be used to make great cards. You can use them like I did on this card or combine them to create a fun patterned background!
I hope these tips help you to use your paper scraps. Go get scrappy!
Supplies used to make this card:
- Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Peekaboo Peach Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Watermelon Wonder 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
- Peekaboo Peach 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock
Tools & Adhesive
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.