Let’s be honest, cards are always better in person than they are on your computer screen. I do hope that these photos give you some idea of how beautiful watercoloring with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush can be. Let’s take a closer look…
Do you see how the flowers have a little shimmer and shine to them? It’s so easy to add the shimmer right along with the color!
Tips for Watercoloring with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush:
- Just like any watercoloring, you’ll want to stamp with a permanent ink. I used the Basic Black Archival Pad from Stampin’ Up! but another great option is the Jet Black StazOn Pad. I also allow my ink to set for a minute or two before I begin watercoloring. It’s less likely to smear that way.
- Use a clear block for your ink. When I use a blender pen to watercolor I grab the ink right from the lid of my ink pad but I don’t want my ink pad to get glittery. (Maybe you do!) So I just grab a clear block and press it to my ink pad to grab some ink. Then I pick up ink from the clear block with my Glitter Brush to watercolor with.
- Start with less. It’s easy to add color when you watercolor, but it’s hard to take it away. Also, let each layer dry before you add another layer to get a true feel for what your colors will look like.
- Clean your brush off in between colors. Just gently swipe it across scratch paper until it’s clear again.
Want to SEE how it works? Watch this episode of Ink It Up with Jessica TV to see how I watercolor.
Supplies Used to Make this Card:
- Touches Of Texture Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
- Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Mint Macaron Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Basic Black 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Pink Pirouette 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock
- Pop Of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper
Tools & Adhesive
Get more card making tips & tricks!
Subscribe to get more card making ideas from Jessica by email.
For the “Watercoloring with Wink of Stella Glitter Brush ” would you please provide the measurements for the various colors of cardstock? Thank you so much!
Pink Pirouette card base: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”
Whisper White:2-3/8”x 4”
Basic Black:2-1/2x 4-1/8”